August 26, 2012 at 8:06 pm #10300
First of all – this is great plugin. Thank you!
I wanted to ask: is there a way to do this:
For example, I have posts with custom field “UniqueId”. I creating new product price csv file. It contains the same products with same “UniqueId” field and prices that I want to update. It also has NEW products with all fields filled that I want to add.
So, plugin should update existing posts with “UniqueId” field. And, if plugin doesn’t find IDs to update – it just creates new post.
For now, if I check update (select search the IDs) and file contains new strings – plugin duplicates existing post (with different slug) and add new.
Thank you again for awesome plugin!August 27, 2012 at 5:52 am #10302
I’m sorry, I don’t think I understood the question.
The way the plugin is supposed to work is when the ID column is filled in it will try to match the ID. If the ID isn’t found it will create a new record.
For example, if your database has IDs 2 and 3. You import with IDs 2 and 4. The plugin should update ID 2, and create the new ID 4. After the import you should have IDs 2 (updated), 3, and 4.
Is that not what is happening? Or did you want it to do something different?August 27, 2012 at 2:42 pm #10306
Oh. I’m sorry. My mistake.
When I tried to do this, in “update” section in “search-in” I forgot to select my custom field with ID (it was default as “Post id”). So it was creating new posts instead of update.
Everything works as you said. Thank you!August 27, 2012 at 3:29 pm #10308
Ok, glad you found it!August 27, 2012 at 6:01 pm #10309
Sorry. One more question
1. In file i have hierarchical taxonomies Tax1|tax2. During import it creates taxonomies slugs “tax1″ and “tax2″.
2. I’m changing slugs to tax1_slug and tax2_slug and importing the same file (for example to update some posts)
3. It creates new categories Tax1|tax2 with slugs “tax1″ and “tax2″ and put my posts in them and deleting from old taxonomies with slugs “tax1_slug” and “tax2_slug” (so they are empty now). In other words it duplicates same categories (hierarchical taxonomies) but with old slugs.
But this happen only with russian text in taxonomies names/slugs. With english text it works correct. It doesn’t duplicate taxonomies and updates/creates post in existing taxonomies.
The point is I don’t want to use cyrillic letters in url slug and I translate it to english. But plugin can’t “understand” this. And creates taxonomies again.
It would be great if you know how to fix it.
If you want I can make screenshots in case my not_good_english was badAugust 31, 2012 at 3:24 am #10327
I’m really not if that behavior can be changed but I can take a look. Can you send a file with – one – line to create the first set of taxonomies (tax1/tax2), along with a separate file showing the update. If you can also give me step-by-step instructions (with the Cyrillic slugs needed) I’ll try to replicate the problem.
You can email me using the contact form or directly: chrisvrichardson at wphostreviews.com.September 2, 2012 at 10:53 pm #10338
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.