Unable to add new POI

Home Forums MapPress Support Unable to add new POI

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Chris 4 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

morriswa68
    Participant

For some reason I’m having a few weird things when trying to add a new POI to a map. Sometimes the page where the map has been created shows the map with no POI’s (there are around 50 on the page), sometimes it shows the POI’s but if I click one it takes me back to the WP page, and on occasion I see no map at all, just a gray background where the map would be. Whatever I see I cannot add a new POI – I can input the name but then when I hit enter the first time it does nothing, then the second time it takes me back to the WP page housing the map.

It has done this in the past but when I refresh the browser or update the WP page it usually displays the map with POI’s and allows me to add new POI’s. Now it has stopped working completely!

Any ideas as this is really frustrating now?

Chris
    Keymaster

Hi,

Here’s some things to check:
    1. You need an API key. If you don’t have one, see the FAQ.
    2. The most common problem is that another plugin (or the theme) has loaded the Maps API twice. Google doesn’t allow that and it causes random bugs.
    Try deactivating ALL other plugins and switching to a standard theme like 2015 (for a moment). If the map is working in this state, reactivate one by one to find the problem.
    3. Try clearing the browser cache

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.