Taxonomy Columns – ! changed to _

Home Forums TurboCSV Support Taxonomy Columns – ! changed to _

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Chris 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

arrowplane
    Participant

Hello,

I put together a step-by-step guide for my client so that they could do their data importing on their own.  Because they are importing taxonomy values, I gave explicit instructions about naming the taxonomy columns starting with “!” and showed screenshots of how this should look when imported.

The client notified me this morning that they’d done the import, but that one thing they noticed was that in the TurboCSV import, instead of the mapped columns showing a “!” at the beginning, it had an underscore (“_”).  Having done many, many imports myself during the development stage, I’d never run into this myself, except for regular custom fields if there was a space at the beginning of a column name.

I asked the client to confirm that they’d uploaded column names with “!” and they said they did… It appears, in any case, that the import worked fine.  On the website, the advanced search by taxonomy values is working as expected.  So maybe all of this is fine.  But I wanted to ask about it just in case.  Have you seen this before?  Is this something we should be concerned about?

Thanks.

Chris
    Keymaster

Hi,

No, I haven’t heard of this before.  Maybe you could check the file yourself and send a few rows to me if you see the same behavior?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.