Spiderfier code for MapPress

Home Forums Feature Requests Spiderfier code for MapPress

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  VincentD 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

BradSiegfried
    Participant

Hi Chris,

I ran into a problem recently in which I need to display multiple POI markers with the same address.  Google Maps displays only the last POI at a location.

As a workaround, I’ll try displaying a POI list beneath the map.  For a more visual solution on the map itself, the Spiderfier code at https://github.com/jawj/OverlappingMarkerSpiderfier looks like a good solution.

Is this something you would consider adding to MapPress? Barring that, do you have any alternative suggestions for enabling access to multiple POI at one location?

Thanks.

Brad

zack2

Agreed. This would be really useful.

VincentD
    Participant

Hi Chris,

I’m also interested in this, as I have loads of markers overlapping and it would be quite unpractical to move them by hand.

I’d rather have the marker slightly move appart, but the Spiderfier solution would at least make it easy to select a marker that’s covered by another. Plus it seems like it would be a simple enough addition, 3kb minified, and MIT licensed.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.