Points not displaying correctly

Home Forums MapPress Support Points not displaying correctly

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Chris 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

joew
    Participant

After updating, my POI on individual CPT are not displaying correctly. The zoom is now out over the ocean somewhere–though the actual point shows up in the correct location. See https://alabamabirdingtrails.com/sites/centre-piedmont-cherokee-county-regional-airport/ as an example.

Chris
    Keymaster

Hi,

I see what you mean. Normally the map should center over the POI, but it looks like an explicit center of 0,0 was used.

Can you provide the shortcode or PHP you’re using to display the map?

What happens if you publish or save the post again? Does it then recenter?

joew
    Participant

Shortcode is just this [mappress]

I tried updating the map and then updating post and that doesn’t seem to do anything. (I’m able to move to the correct location on the map and hit save but on saving it reverts.)
    I was using a custom field for the zoom level, but I’ve deleted that from my mappress interface thinking that it might have interfered, but that doesn’t seem to change anything either. And, another post that isn’t yet published doesn’t display correctly either.

joew
    Participant

By the way, it does not seem to have an issue with correctly centering mashups. I’m using this code to pull those: <?php echo do_shortcode(‘[mashup query="trails=@trails&counties=@counties&seasons=@seasons&posts_per_page=-1" hideempty="true" width="100%" height="350px"]
    ‘); ?>

It also pulls this shortcode okay: [mashup query="post_type=any&posts_per_page=-1" width="100%" height="650"]

joew
    Participant

I did just create a new post (regular post) and added a map to it and that seemed to work okay.

joew
    Participant

Creating a new Custom Post Type post in the same post type as my sites (which is linked above) also seems to work fine. Something seems to be going on only with those sites that already existed prior to the update. FYI, the maps are created normally by using the Geocoding fields section to grab content from a custom field for lat and another for longitude. There is an additional field (or there was) for zoom.

Chris
    Keymaster

I think I see the problem: older versions stored a zero center (indicating the plugin should auto center) differently than the newer versions.

I’ve got a workaround ready for 2.47.4. Could you use the contact form to send me an email address so I can get you a copy for testing?

I think re-publishing the post should work, but only if the box “Overwrite maps when posts are saved” is checked in the MapPress settings before saving (when unchecked, it prevents any saved maps from being overwritten, i.e. for manual changes).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.