Mashup Clustering

Home Forums Feature Requests Mashup Clustering

This topic contains 23 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  Yogie 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

seamsite
    Participant

I’m loving your plugin but I’m disappointed that mashups will only show up to 10 maps in one. I have some mashups where I’d like to include up to 100 on a global map. So, my first feature request would be to allow much larger mashups.

That said, my second feature request is related to the first. Given that many maps could be for the exact same location (or, incredibly close to) – it would be nice if they could be clustered into a single marker on the map.

This marker could be a special ‘cluster’ icon with a number on it to show how many maps are clustered – e.g. ‘6’ for six maps. Clicking on the cluster forces it to somehow highlight the map hyperlinks that are embedded within it, so the user can easily select which map post they’d like to jump to.

Chris
    Keymaster

Hi, thanks, clustering is a popular request and I do plan to add that feature.

With that said, mashups will show much more than 10 locations – you should be able to see several hundred at least.

I think you must either be running out of memory, or perhaps the mashup query didn’t use “posts_per_page=-1” to get all results and is just showing the first 10.

seamsite
    Participant

Oh, great. I didn’t know about that query element. Can’t seem to get it to work in a short code statement, like this:

[mashup show="query" show_query="tag=map" posts_per_page="-1" height="600" width="100%"]

Am I doing something wrong?

seamsite
    Participant

Just searched your forum and found the answer. I’m supposed to use it this way:

show_query=”tag=map&posts_per_page=-1″

Chris
    Keymaster

Glad you found it – there are also some additional query examples in the documentation if that helps.  From 2.38.2 on the plugin defaults that parameter, since it’s such a pain to remember.

barryn2000
    Participant

My site is a directory and shows listings on a map. It is reaching a membership level that clustering is going to be an absolute need so I hope this and other mentions of a future addition of marker clustering is getting closer.

tigrrr

Cluster by category would be nice too as an option. So i can display different categorys on different pages.

ronaute
    Participant

I am also very interested in marker clustering feature. Hope you’ll provide it soon. Thanks a lot.

p36p
    Participant

+ 1 for this feature also

boda82
    Participant

What’s the latest with clustering? Any chance on seeing this in the near future?

subgenere
    Participant

+ 1 for this feature :^)

tmoreno
    Participant

+1 for this feature as well!

LakesMarketing
    Participant

Hi Chris … +1 for clustering as well

CliveB
    Participant

+1 from me too 😉

qiqo
    Participant

+1 for clustering

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.