Google API Key not working

Home Forums Feature Requests Google API Key not working

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Chris 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #16809

    johnzena
    Participant

    I went through the steps of activating the google API key and keep getting the following error:

    OOPS! Something went wrong. This page didn’t load google maps correctly. See the JavaScript console for technical details.

    The site I’m adding it to is grandfathered in so when I remove the key it works fine. I do have geocoding and javascript enabled in the google console.

    Your free version is working on one of my sites in a subdomain but not on the main domain. This site is not grandfathered in.

    #16812

    Chris
    Keymaster

    Hi,

    The steps for setting up the API key in the Google developer console are tricky. Be sure to:
    1. Create a *browser* key
    2. Enable the javascript maps API.

    The steps are described here:
    http://wphostreviews.com/mappress-faq

    Try your key first with the referrer field left blank. Note that it can take up to five minutes for changes to propagate from Google.

    If you are testing on a local server (localhost) instead of a public server, leave the referrer blank permanently, otherwise you can fill it in once the maps are working.

    If the above don’t help, try press F12 to see a more detailed error message in your browser. If you can provide a URL with a map in your post, I can take a look as well.

    #16813

    johnzena
    Participant

    It started working when under domains instead of adding *.mydomain.com/* I put them in individually. For example sub1.mydomain.com/* etec… then they started working.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.