Changing default icon & custom icons

Home Forums MapPress Support Changing default icon & custom icons

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Chris 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

kcaluwae
    Participant

It seems something pretty straight-forward but unfortunately I don’t manage to change the default icon. (Mappress Pro -> Settings -> Icon -> Default Icon)

When searching I found one thread that dates back to 2012 and mentioned changing the default.png file but that doesn’t seem to be correct anymore.
    Clicking the icon shown next to default icon doesn’t do anything.

——-

I also don’t know how to assign a specific icon to a marker as the screenshot shown in the documentation is different from what I get. Clicking on a POI I get a more or less similar screen but there is no marker shown next to the title.

—–

I wonder if something might have gone wrong with the installation of the PRO version? In the Mappress section in a post the version shown is “Version:2.47.1 PRO” Same thing is shown on top of the settings page.

I just get the idea that it might be related to that as I also try to implement a mashup map and that doesn’t work either. The map stays gray but other maps shown in posts do work without any problem.

Chris
    Keymaster

Hi,

To change the default icon: in the MapPress settings, click on the icon in the section ‘default icon’. A popup box should appear. Select a different marker from the popup.

If you’re not seeing that popup:
    1. reinstall the plugin and
    2. clear your browser cache.

If you still don’t see it, please feel free to use the contact form to send a login and I’ll have a look.

kcaluwae
    Participant

I tried a different browser (just a wild idea) and discovered that it is working in Firefox.

I I reinstalled the plugin but the behavior in Chrome remains the same.
    Chrome Version 62.0.3202.62 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Chris
    Keymaster

Did you try #2, clearing the browser cache?

kcaluwae
    Participant

Sorry, missed that part. That was indeed the problem.
    Thanks for reminding me.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.