Beta versions may not be stable so:
- make a database backup of your blog
- make a copy of the old version of the plugin in case you need to revert to that version
- test the beta before using it on a public site
Please report any bugs using the contact form.
Where to Download
If you’re a Pro subscriber, beta versions are available for download in your account. They are listed with ‘beta’ next to the file name.
Free beta versions are available from the WordPress plugin repository. Click on the developers tab and select the version you would like. The development version is usually the latest beta. For example, this is a link to the developers page for MapPress:
Before installing the plugin, make a backup of your blog and your old MapPress plugin directory. Then:
- Download the MapPress .zip file
- From the WordPress administration screen, select Plugins -> Installed Plugins. Find MapPress in the plugins list and click the ‘Deactivate’ link to deactivate it. Then click the ‘Delete’ link to delete it.
- Select the menu Plugins -> Add New. Click the ‘Upload’ link at the top of the screen
- Browse to find the .zip file you downloaded, then click the ‘install now’ button
- After the plugin installs, click the ‘activate’ link to activate it
- Go to the MapPress menu and check that it shows the correct version at the top of the screen
You’re all done! The new version should be available and working. You can repeat these same steps to reinstall and older version if needed. If there is a fatal error or a blank screen, delete the MapPress plugin directory using an FTP client to restore the site.